Birthday Fairy~

Sunday, July 15, 2007
Here are some photos of a little gift I made for my daughter for her upcoming 21rst birthday. I used a clock as the container.
The little baby in the photo is my daughter on her very first birthday. I used crepe paper to recreate her dress. I cut tiny squares of crepe paper and used the blunt end of a paint brush to glue these tiny little "puffs" onto the sleeves and edge of her dress. I even put some on her head, recreating the headband she was wearing that day as well~ (not that she had any hair mind you...)
I had a large selection of butterfly wings made into a transparency.... I cut one set out to make her a set of wings. I found an old vintage key with a "21" on it...bought that for .80 cents. I also found an "H" in a bag of Christmas ornaments I had recently bought for $3 buckeroos. I added some vintage ribbon, silk roses...a few leaves and a bed of moss to sit upon...and my little "ode to my precious one" is complete.
Here is the back of the box, I printed out "Happy 21rst birthday Heather" I love you, Mom.... the flower oval around it was cut out of a book which I cut and glued over my message. Kinda cute huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment