Show & Tell Friday~

Wednesday, July 25, 2007
This week, I'm going to share my collection of buttons. I have a lot of buttons and I'm always on the hunt for more :-) I buy them at boutiques, yard sales...and I even pick them up off the ground lol If you want to make me happy....give me buttons! I house my buttons in all kinds of containers. Here is my collection of gumball machines which I filled with buttons. Each machine holds a different color...cute huh.Here is something I got at the auction I recently went to. It was in the lot of sewing items I bought for $2.50. It came along with a tag that reads: "Fresh water mother of pearl , from Button Factory, Muskatine Iowa -1910-There is a large shell with circles cut in it...along with long tubes of shells that I guess were put into some kind of slicing machine that cut it into buttons. I LOVE this... super neat for someone like me who just LOVES buttons! Mother of pearl buttons are my all time favorites...sigh... you just never can have to many of those!!Here are some jars that I have lined up on a shelf in my studio..... I have a fairy sitting amongst some pink buttons, and there is a small photo sitting in another which I used the tape transfer method on and it gives it a nice vintage look.Here are two flags in frames I made out of buttons~ The larger one isn't finished, I'm waiting on getting some more red/white buttons...almost there!and this I made using an old wire heart garden form... it reads "Angel of lost buttons" Ohhhhhhhhhh and this is a little tote I made using some yo-yo's and some of my favorite tiny buttons....(not finished.....) Lastly, here is a vintage glove form (bought for $5 buckeroos) holding 3 button necklaces...cute stuff~
This show & tell Friday was hosted by Kelli :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment