Show & Tell Friday~

Thursday, July 5, 2007
Here is a photo of my antique doll I received for my 16th birthday. (I'm 42 now) My parents were on vacation visiting family in Edinburgh, Scotland on my birthday...so I told them "I want an old doll for my birthday" and this is what they brought me back.
She is a little sweetie. (You know, I've never named her... any suggestions?) She is wearing a handmade dress that is to big for her... I often wonder if that dress was a hand-me-down from another doll. Her hair is human hair, it still has its natural curl to it. (I've never brushed it, so it looks very messy.) I've read they often used the hair of the child that was receiving this kinda doll. I would like to think that as well, I think thats neat. Her body is fully jointed and in excellent condition. I recently found some old reproduction patterns for some clothing that would be appropriate for her. I was thinking one of these days I'd whip her up some new duds. Maybe even a whole wardrobe full of clothing and shoes etc.... hmmm another project! lol


Show & tell Friday is hosted by: Kelli

0 comments:

Post a Comment