Show & Tell Friday~

Thursday, July 12, 2007
Here are some photos of the items I bought at my first Auction. This is just a small sample of the items I bought. It took me two days to sort through it all....and put it away. I donated to a thrift store the items I didn't want... which was bags and bags full! I still managed to have a huge stash left! This is just what I grabbed to show: I got two lots of Christmas items for $2.50 each, there were boxes upon boxes upon boxes! In the boxes were vintage gift tags, old ribbons, old glass beaded garlands, old glass balls, lots of vintage ornaments (housed in glass jars now) I also got 54 vintage hankies (show below) for $2.50 along with the hankie box and an old mirror and an old vintage jewelry box. Old crocheted pieces, some that look like they were made with thread, they are so delicate. A large box of vintage linens, embroidered samplers, embroidered dish towels and a few pieces of vintage fabric. All of that was $12.50, more than I wanted to pay, but because of the quality of the pieces, I just had to have them. I also bought several boxes of vintage greeting cards, old postcards, envelopes, stamps alllllllll for $2.50. I am wanting to go again and again and again to any and all auctions. I am so hooked! Of course I was buying the cheap "junk" there was antiques to be had... there were people spending tHoUsAnDs of dollars on items....wow. I am so pleased with my "junk"..... probably just as pleased as those antique dealers with their finds lol. I encourage everyone to try an auction if you have a chance, it was so much fun!
This show & tell Friday is hosted by: Kelli



0 comments:

Post a Comment