Show & Tell Friday~

Thursday, August 9, 2007
This week I'm showing off some treasures I purchased at an auction. I am so addicted to going to those now :-) I bid on and won two of those small containers which house small bins. Each one has 60 little bins.... one was $4.50 and the other one was $5.00. Now, that alone was a great value.....
But.... inside each of these containers was baggies full of faceted rhinestones! Can you believe it?

The autioneer was going on how it was chalk full of beads....I thought, ok, a girl can never have enough beads...for $5 bucks each, not a bad deal. The cases were laying on their backs so when he set them upright, they looked empty.... I think thats why I got them so cheap. Wow, was I surprised to see it full of gems! These are jewelry quality rhinestones. There are labels on the front of each drawer with the color & size. *smiling* I have NO clue what I'm going to do with all of these....but I've got 'em! There are some that are soooooooooooo small that they look like glitter, but they are cut like a real diamond would be cut. Amazing! Now, I'm never going to turn my nose up at any of those old vintage pieces that are missing stones.... I NEED to buy them just to use up my new stash! :-)
I also bid on and won a large box of old ephemera from around the 1940-1950's. It was full of old ads from local stores long since torn down. That box was $9 bucks.... I've filed all that away or I would have taken a picture of it lol.



This show & tell Friday was hosted by: Kelli

0 comments:

Post a Comment