Mixed Media Monday

Monday, February 25, 2008
This week's theme: School I didn't add any embellishments of color or anything that would detract from the photo... I've used this photo sooooooooo many times that this time, I just wanted the kids and the simplicity of that. How many times can you "pink the cheeks" and think its cute? lol I was thinking maybe adding an old pencil.... like a handle at the top. I just need to set it aside and see what pops up. I used an old family photo from the year 1925. I color copied the image (a lot smaller, the original is 8 x 10) and ever so carefully cut out each row of children. I then, ever so carefully, glued them back together on top of another copy of the same exact photo. I glued small bits of black paper behind each child so that they will always appear to be "popping" out of the photo. I then surrounded the photo with raised edges, placed a glass top over that and then soldered the whole thing. (soldering is a lot harder than most people express! lol)
I love the whole concept of the photo under glass, and I'm thinking I am going to do this more often as it was/is fun~ Maybe my soldering will improve! lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment