Show & Tell Friday

Friday, February 29, 2008
This week for show & tell I'm showing & tellin' about some Map table cloths I've made for... yes, you guessed it, my grandson's pirate party! (coming in APRIL) Now this is just the top part mind you.... I've made 3 of these map table cloths that will be atop of...I'm thinking some black fabric, or maybe some burlap? I'm not sure yet~ This one pictured has a map from my house to my grandson's house! He is my little treasure, thats for sure!!
Here is a close up of the compass I've stenciled on one corner.

Here is how I made them if anyone is interested:
I took some ultra suede fabric and tore the edges randomly. I then went around the edge with some watered down paints. I then took the fabric outside and ever so lightly sprayed it with some spray paint in the colors of black and a red primer. I then bunched up the fabric and sprayed it a little darker to give it the look of being folded up for ages. I found and enlarged a map compass online and printed it onto cardstock paper which I then cut out and made into a stencil. I used acrylic paints to stencil on the fabric. I then just painted roughly a "map" onto this old-worn looking fabric. I'm pretty happy with the results!

The winner in my drawing for one of my zipper pins is: Susan from the blog Penless Writer. Susan if you could e-mail me your address I'll get your pin off to you toots-sweet!

This show & tell is hosted by Kelli :-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment