Anniversary time...

Wednesday, August 6, 2008
eh gawds...August 6th 1983...25 years ago today I got married! Boy-oh-boy does time have a way of flying by doesn't it? I was eighteen and a year out of high school and getting married to my bestest buddy who was all of 23. We got engaged on Valentines day and were married 7 months later. We walked right into the (very popular/upscale) reception hall....had the planner laugh in our face saying that you have to book years in advance for there facilities... when I told her just to "check the date of August 6th anyway" she turned white and said that that day had a cancellation. HA! Next we went to the church.... same story. Sorry we are all booked up for years (due to the fact it is a catholic cathedral--very popular as well) Well.... what do you know...a cancellation? Double HA HA! I am a firm believer in fate :-) So, a big thank you to the couple who cancelled out of the reception hall & church-- I guess you were just holding that space for us~ Sooooooooo 1980's huh? Poofy hair- poofy dress lol.... it had to be the hottest day on record that day... I was soooo hot in that dress & several poofy slips. We drove through Wendy's drive thru and got a soda on our way to the reception hall-- yep, so classy lol. (okokok I was working there at the time, I thought I'd give them all a cheap thrill!)Here we are 25 years later... and I must admit......I thought I'd be divorced by now and married to some billionaire that was in a coma...*sigh* life never turns out the way you think it will now does it. I'm posting some photos from my wedding day.... years & years from now they will probably be in an antique shop..... I wonder if anyone would buy them? I know for sure they laugh at my "big hair"

Here is what was on the front of our wedding invitations:
On this day I will marry my friend,
the one who shares my
dreams,
my life,
my love~
Pretty much sums it up doesn't it. He is my best buddy, even though I'm hard pressed to admit it. I don't want him getting a fat head or anything, he would be impossible to live with :-P Here are the "guys" looking like a bunch of gangsters (as much as they can wearing pink shirts! LOL) standing in front of my Grandfathers Model A... My hubby is in the gray tux with tails :-P standing in the gutter so he doesn't look so tall- he is 6'3"! (I'm only 5')

Soooooooooo dough-dough (thats what I call him, don't ask me why, I have no clue) you owe me big time for putting up with you for all these years lol..... I don't want any gifts-- cold hard cash will do~

0 comments:

Post a Comment