Mixed Media Monday~

Sunday, November 16, 2008
This weeks theme is: Ornamental Christmas. I've made 6 of these cones~ They were made using discolored pages from a 1920's newspaper. (don't you just love the color?) I cut the cone shape from a heavy cardstock and glued the newspaper on the inside as well as the outside. I didn't have to do the inside, but it was so white-- it just screamed "cover me!" Once they were dry, I shaped each one into a cone, you should always do this before glueing, just so you know it is going to work! I then used my hot glue and attached it quickly to hold the shape :-) *hugging glue-gun* I lovvvvvvvvve my glue gun! I then added vintage gold tinsel garland around the top and stuffed it with odds & ends. Nothing is glued in place, just stuffed-- just like the holidays! I also added a metal hole thingy on each side, what do you call those? Anywho, I just punched them into place and added a ribbon hanger. Soooooooooo easy-peasy! I'm going to hang these in my living room for some added Christmas decor~
Here is a neat "cone holder" that I picked up for $2 bucks at a thrift store--- it makes it so easy to stuff a cone with this little cutie holding it~

0 comments:

Post a Comment