Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday~

Monday, April 6, 2009
And also..........................
Here is a little bowed front cabinet that I picked up for $12.... I paid about $10 more than I wanted to, but thats how it goes sometimes! When I bought it it was stained very dark. Of course the minute I've gotten it painted I realized I should have taken a before photo! Anywho--- I lightened it up by painting it pink!
I then added some paper to the inside/back of the cabinet. The paper I used was some scented dresser drawer paper that I picked up from a thrift store (brand new in the box) for $2. I used an antique wash (glue/sealer) over the top of the paper to yellow it up a bit and to seal the paper.I added some lace around the edge of the two shelves...On the back of this cabinet I used some reproduction catalog pages that was made into wrapping paper...another thrifted find @ .95cents! The wood on the back of this cabinet was still very "grainy" like it needed to be sanded-- so I opted to cover it with old looking paper. The bow of the cabinet makes it perfect for holding a cup & saucer.... these both were sent to me in different internet swaps. If you wish to view more Trash to Treasure you can find more at Kari & Kijsa's blog. Also, Diane's blog "A Picture is worth $1,000 Words" hosts this event as well as Kim whose blog is called "Reinvented"! Go check them all out! If you have linked to my blog and wish to have a lookie-lou around.... you can click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment