Mad Hatter's Tea Party~

Friday, June 26, 2009
Welcome to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.... I am hosting this event in my 4 month old grandaughter, Chloe-Rose's Garden. Would you look who is already waiting at the front gate? Why it is none other than the Cheshire cat. The white rabbit will sound the horn announcing each new guest. I imagine the neighbors are delighted to hear such reveille so early in the morning!!Gate is now open... Welcome!I have put out some blankets, umbrellas and party hats if your wanting to partake in such frivolousness. My-oh-my.... would you look at Alice? This is what you get people for putting Brandy in your tea! Nightie-nite Alice, sleep it off girl~We ask that you please teather your high horses at the front gate... Absolutely no high-horse'ing around in this garden!I see the squirral family has shown up.... that family grows & grows each year ten fold!
Look to your left and you'll see cat & bird chatting up a storm. Those two are such chatter-boxes!Poor rabbit is running-a-muck as the caterer is running late~ This is the last time I hire "The Mad Hatter" to cater any of my events! Off with his head! or any other appendage I see fit~Grap a cuppa off of the teacup tree. We are totally doing a casual tea here in Chloe's garden as its hard to be a hostess when your holding your grandchild in your arms~ Please feel free to pull a fresh lemon off of one of the many lemon trees as well. We have flown in the Baby Blues Cockroach Band for this event. They are setting a delightful ambiance with their smooth sounds. Here you see white rabbit joining in with the band for a few songs~My-my-my...poor Alice staggered over to the cuppa tree and had to take another wee nap. Poor girls needing rehab~Cat and duck are not ones to gossip, but hey-- isn't that the added bonus of attending such a large event? The ever present opportunity to see someone make a fool out of themselves? Preferably someone other than yourself!
There is a little table set up with some sugared fruit and some hot raspberry tea. Watch out for that little pixie who lives inside that teapot on the table...she will positively talk you into adding extra sugar to your tea. She has such a sweet nature about her. She has sugared cranberries, sugared mint leaves and then your basic sugar cube. *gasp* Would you look at that...she is kicking sugared cranberries into tea cups... Ladies, hands over your cups! The little stinker is dancing under the spell of a sugar high!My~my where has the time gone.... party is wrapping up. Thank you very much for coming into my grandaughter's garden and having some tea with us. It has been fun visiting with everyone. On your way out, be sure to take one of the rocks set out by the gate. A person can never have to many rocks you know~ Please visit with Vanessa over at "A Fanciful Twist" to partake in more tea party madness~

0 comments:

Post a Comment