Transformation Thursday~

Wednesday, August 5, 2009
I picked up this painted trunk lid at a thrift store for $2. I think it is beautiful! I couldn't very well hang a trunk lid on my wall....so I turned it into a "painting" The original size was 20 x 27 with the lid depth of about 4 inchs. When it was all finished it ended up being 24 x 15.I pulled it apart and found that the rose painting was merely painted onto a thin piece of plywood. There was some raised pieces that were missing off of this when I bought it, there was no way I could touch up the paint to match the lovely color that it is painted. So, I opted to cut it down and cover the damaged area with the trim I had previously taken off of this piece. Here it is cut smaller, the existing trim will be reattached to cover the damaged border of this painting. I painted around the edges of the plywood with some black paint to cover the newly cut edges of the plywood that sat right behind the newly attached old trim. I then just added different browns and mudded them up a bit to get an aged look to the piece.Taaaaaaaa daaaaaaaaaa easy-peasy transformation.... now where to put it? For now, its going to be propped up behind my bedroom door against the wall because I don't have a place for it just yet!

You can also view more transformations over at "Shabby Chic Cottage" and over at "A Soft Place to Land" Kimba is hosting a "do it yourself" linky party. The Coloradolady is also hosting a Vintage Thingie Thursday. Last but not least...Leigh over at "Tales From Bloggeritaville" is hosting a Thrifty Thursday linky party~ On Friday you can see more Show & Tells over at Kelli's blog "There is no place like Home"

0 comments:

Post a Comment