Mixed Media Monday~

Sunday, September 13, 2009
This weeks challenge was to make something using circles. If I had to pick a favorite shape, it would be the circle. Here are mine... The completed ones are at the bottom of this post~ I needed some heavy duty cardboard to build these upon... so I used a scrabble board that I cut up into circles. I pulled off the scrabble paper and glued on some vintage sheet music to be used as the backdrop. I left the burgandy paper that comes on the back of the scrabble board as is, as I love the vintage look it has already. I painted circles onto the sheet music using iridescent paint, glitter paint and translucent paint, they really look 3 dimensional with the different paints added. I then made some nests using black felt as the base. I cut apart a huge store-bought nest so I could use the thin sticks from that. I applied hot glue to the felt and then just layered on the sticks and some green moss. I then hot glued some fairies with transparent wings into each nest. This one pictured below is my favorite. Of course I had to add some round beads and some sparkly rhinestones to each one~Once the innards were completed... and in keeping with my more is better mantra... I encased each fairy sitting in a nest inside of a bubble.... I used the e6000 glue (love/hate relationship with that stuff) then I set about to cover the seam where the bubble is glued to the scrabble board. I wanted to solder it... but that would melt the plastic bubble, so I opted to do a faux solder treatment on each one. (tutorial here)Then I just hot glued on some vintage looking do-dads and taaaaaaaaa daaaaaaaaa instant caute! I am so entering these in the fair next month!Anywho, you can view more art pieces by checking out the weekly challenge site for mixed media art here---> Mixed Media Blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment