Halloween photo album

Thursday, October 8, 2009
I've made a halloween photo album using some old family photos from my husbands side of the family. My little grandson likes halloween stuff...he growls like a lion whenever he sees something that he thinks is spooky. He is so silly~ So I thought what better than to use family photos to make a little picture book for the two of us to enjoy together. I printed some photos onto cardstock paper using only black ink, no sepia tones. I then colored the clothing, hair, cheeks and lips on the people in each photo using chalk and colored pencils, leaving the rest black and white. Once everything was colored, I cut each photo out, then I backed each with a frame of white cardstock. I had bought a huge bag of silver photo corners at a yard sale for $1... I added one to each corner and then just glued the corners into this old photo book that I got at a thrift store for .25cents. I added stickers to the photos as well. Witches hats, spiders, trees and crows .... I'll pick up some more halloween related stickers to have on hand as I add more pages to this book. Taaaaaaaaa daaaaaaaaa! A fun way to enjoy old family photos with my grandkids. For some unexplained reason, blogspot kept turning this photo (pictured below) So, I've just posted it that way-- I've only completed two full pages...it is a work in progress~

0 comments:

Post a Comment