Recipe books~

Friday, October 16, 2009
I was commissioned to make 4 Spell books into recipe books. The gal was wanting these for herself and her three sisters. How fun huh? This is something I was already thinking of doing.... for myself! I couldn't find any vintage book covers to use-- isn't that how it goes? Anywho, I used brand spanking new books that were once blue. I distressed them and made them brownish... I love how they turned out. The silver and green you see is the embossing I did on each book, it isn't as vivid in person as it is in these photos~For the inside of each recipe book I wanted the client to be able to insert recipes easily, so I placed inside the covers a 3 ring snap holder. I covered the shiny silver with some burlap~Here they are packaged and ready to go~Here is a close-up of one of them.
Caute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment