Mixed Media Monday~

Sunday, December 20, 2009
This weeks theme is: "Frosty"I made this hanging piece starting with the glass circle that I had in my stash of stuff. I "frosted" the edges of the glass with sponged white paint. I created the circular shadow box using an old scrabble game-board which I cut and glued together making sure it fit the glass piece I was wanting to use. The game boards are so thick I have to cut them using sheet metal clippers. Cuts like butta' using those :-) I glued and aged some old papers to cover the scrabble text.... then I used one of my bazillion cutie-pa-tootie fairies as the center piece for this "frosty" scene. I also used some white glittered plastic fern leaves and other bits of frosted do-dads to make it look all wintery. I added some rhinestones and some clear round beads to give it a little more sparkle~ Once the inside was finished, I hot glued the round glass piece on top and soldered it all together. I am super bad at soldering, but thats okie-dokie 'cause I've seen worse! I'm just saying~

You can view more art pieces by checking out the weekly challenge site for mixed media art here---> Mixed Media Blog. If you have linked to my blog and wish to view more you can click on this link right ---> here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment