More paintin"

Friday, February 5, 2010
Look what I found in a few drawers and under my bed. Four frames and two mirrors, all in need of painting. One mirror was avocado green and the other one was a dingy-dirty gold. Once everything was spray painted white to match....I tried my hand at using real staining glaze. I know right? I'm so brave. I've never used the stuff...I've always used watered down paint. I've been toooooooooo chicken to commit to stain. Well hells-bells.... I lurve the stuff! I purchased Ralph Lauren's Faux technique glaze... in the color of "smoke." I musta gotten that info from someones fabulous blog (thank you to whomever that was) because thats what I had written down and purchased. I just painted it on and rubbed it off. Easy peasy. It wasn't smelly, sticky or yucky at all. It was actually very enjoyable to work with. The brush I used washed out faster with the glaze on it than if it had acrylic paint on it. crazy~ Here is the glazed frames.... lovin' them!I hung the frames & one mirror in my front entrance hallway. I swear, I'm not happy unless every square inch of my house is covered with something. Why is that I wonder?... The large square mirror still needs to find a home.... probably back under my bed! Those dust bunnies like looking at their reflections. There is a shelf above these frames which I'm trying to fill with light & bright stuff.... all of these games and old toys (pictured below) used to be up on the shelf, now I've got them in my grandkids playroom at my house :-) I'm still needing to fill about 9 feet more with more games....
Clutter, clutter....clutter. But I like it :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment