Been Paintin'

Wednesday, March 24, 2010
I finally finished painting the pie safe my mother gave me... here is the before photo. Here is the after.... Drum roll please, rat-tat-tat-tat-tat~ I LOVE it! I used white flat paint and I distressed the edges of the pie safe ever so slightly with a brown ink pad. I covered the aluminum panels in each door with cardboard that fits snuggly inside each square. They can be popped out at a moments notice~ I used spray adhesive to adhere thin batting over each cardboard square then I tufted some shabby chic fabric with white buttons. I used glass knobs on the drawer at the botton and I used slightly bigger wooden knobs then what was originally on the piece for each door. I already had the white paint and the knobs... and I even had the Shabby Chic fabric that I used on the door. Total cost... fa-reeeeeeee~
On the top of the pie safe I hung a mirror I recently painted and aged, (up until now it was propped against the wall behind a rocking chair) This is still a work in progress... I think it turned out super caute!
I've linked up to Domestically Speaking power of paint party. On the previous post you can see some of my fabulous thrifted treasures... seriously cool stuff that I picked up super cheap! *insert gloating smile here*

0 comments:

Post a Comment