Beautiful day for sale-ing~

Saturday, April 3, 2010
Well, I managed to go to two block sales today. This is the start of the sale-ing season for me. Ahhhhhhhh to be looking for treasures... arrgh! Here is my bounty!
I got this antique picture frame with the hand painted photo of a baby in it for... hold onto your hats.... .50cents! What??? I had asked the gal, "How much for the baby picture?" You know, playing it all cool~ She replied, "Fifty cents".... I said, "For that" as I pointed to it. She said yes-- you could sense that she was waiting for me to say a quarter lol... I stuck it into my handy-dandy shopping cart and forked over .50cents! Wow!The wire leaf metal basket was $3. It is super lovely, I got compliments on it while holding it-- thats always a good sign its a good buy! The oblong dish, which is actually a beautiful creamy pink was $4. The elderly lady said she had purchased it in 1952 and had it all these years. The white dish with the roses on it was $1. The gal I bought this from said she bought that in England on a trip for a lot of money. I told her, "Why? you could have picked it up at a yard sale much cheaper. lol I also got a Shabby Chic duvet cover with the matching pillow sham for $10, that is the pink floral fabric under all this stuff~The jewelry that is in the dish was .25cents each! The Disney pins were .50cents each. Those run from $5-$10 at Disneyland, I know because I was looking at some just recently at Disneyland. Ohhhhhhhhhh and the gold filigree oval container was .50cents. Fun, fun day of sale-ing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment