Make your own birds nest~

Thursday, April 1, 2010
I was wanting a really large bird nest to use as a bowl to hold some pearl and wire birdnest necklaces that I'm making..... so I decided to make a nest/bowl myself. I used a $1 wreath that I picked up a few months ago and clipped off the wire pieces that held it together. Next, I pulled the inside of the wreath to the bottom to make it into a nest shape. You can see in this photo below the depth of the nest already taking shape. For the bottom of the nest I cut a circle out of foam core and covered that with some vintage sheet music. I used hot glue to attach it to the bottom of the nest. I glued green & brown moss in between some of the sticks to fill in some of the larger open areas. I covered the edge of the foam core at the bottom of the nest completely with more moss so you cannot see a sharp edge at the bottom. I finished it up with some pink berries and a few small flowers. Easy peasy~ Now, I'm in the market for an even bigger wreath to make an even bigger nest!
I have linked up to the following blogs:
Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge
It's a Hodgepodge Friday @ It's a Hodgepodge Life
Spring Has Sprung @ Fun To Craft
Show & Tell @ My Romantic Home
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Show & Share day @ Just a Girl
Ideas under $100 @ Beyond the Picket Fence
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Nest linky party @ Someday Crafts

0 comments:

Post a Comment