Resin~

Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Well, I now can say I've tried my hand using resin... It was easy-peasy I must say. The hardest part was waiting the 24 hours to let it cure. I am not a patient person by any means. I used Envir-Tex Lite 2 part resin which I purchased at Michael's-- I used the 40% off coupon. If I remember correctly that made the cost around $8 for the box. The directions say to measure/measure/measure... umm... I didn't measure the resin precisely, thats just not in my nature I just winged it. I didn't want to use a lot of the product to start off with, just incase my winging it didn't work out.... I used a plastic spoon to measure equal amounts of both the resin and hardner. Every single batch I've made this way has turned out perfectly~You just mix the two together until it is blended, then I just spooned a little into each mold I was using. I added glitter to these ones pictured below. If I was to give advice to anyone wanting to try this...it would be this. Don't mix to much resin, a little surprisingly goes a long way. Another tip? Find a level shelf or table for these to set on for the needed curing time. Seriously, I think my entire house and contents are on a slight incline! I've got another batch I'm working on.... now what to do with them all??

0 comments:

Post a Comment