Show and Tell~

Thursday, April 15, 2010
I picked up this painted photo with the oval frame for the whopping sum of .50cents at a yard sale recently. Isn't it precious?
It had the original gold paint on it...and someone painted the do-dads with green and pink paint. I felt it wouldn't hurt the .50cent value of it if I painted it white.
I took the whole thing apart and cleaned the glass and the painted photo. I think this piece had dirt on it dating back to the early 1900's-- it was sooooo dusty inside and out! On the backside of the painted photo is information on what colors to paint everything...including rosy cheeks. Ahhhhhhh! I painted the frame with a flat white paint and dirtied it up a bit with some Ralph Lauren stain. I hung it over my grandaughter's changing table in the nursery at my house. It hangs next to a .25cent taffeta christening gown I picked up last year. Next to 2 vintage blue hat boxes that were .25cents each and two robins egg blue wooden shaker boxes that were $.50cents each.... Oh... the gold framed, double-matted botanicals? $1 each..I know! I know! (wooden shelf was $3, dolly was $4, milk glass fluted bowlie was .50, red rose ball-- free. Also, the vintage changing table was free. I got that off of Craigslist)This is why I have so much stuff in my house... I get things so cheaply!!! I've linked this post to: My Romantic Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment