Making coasters~

Wednesday, July 7, 2010
While straightening out my garage the other day, I came across a box of tile I had bought at a yard sale about a year ago..... I got the box of 8 tumbled edge tile and 6 small tile pieces cut from a large tile for only $3. The gal told me she intended to make coasters with the tile and never got around to it. Small world as I was wanting tile to make coasters with. Ser·en·dip·i·ty I tell ya~ Well, I wasn't quite in the mood to make the coasters when I bought the tile at the time so I stashed them in my garage.... better to have it so when you want it you just have to shop your own stuff... Anywho, I cut out some fairies, Mod Podged them onto the tile and then sealed each with several coats of clear varnish. Here are the tumbled tile~
Look at the face on this little cherub... so funny!Here are the cut tile coasters, I don't like these ones as well as the tumbled tile.
These worked up super fast once the fairies were all cut out. Wouldn't this be a fun project for a Sunday school or girl/boy scout troop? Easy-peasy! I've linked up to Cindy's Show & Tell~

0 comments:

Post a Comment