Mixed Media Monday~

Sunday, August 22, 2010
This weeks challenge theme is: something red~
I created 6 tags for a Wizard of Oz tag swap I joined. I made 6 tin man tags. This ties in nicely with the second part of what I made for last weeks MMM challenge. I used silver metal tape over illustration board that I cut into tag shapes. To create the rivets on these tags, I used straight pins which I pushed through the tag and cut off the excess on the backside. I rubbed some acrylic paint over each tag to highlight the imperfections in the metal tape. I think it gives it a more realistic look of metal. (the flash washed out a lot of the black on each tag.. in person they look really distressed/old) I used Sculpy clay to make the hearts around each small clock.... and vintage silver seam binding ribbon for each tags tie.
Here they are placed inside the 6 pocketed embellished manilla file folder that I made last week...
All tied up and ready to be shipped to the hostess of the Wizard of Oz tag swap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment