Fabric Swatch Books....

Sunday, October 10, 2010
Recently I've come across a bunch of fabric swatch books at yard sales ranging from .25cents to 50cents. The fabrics are dreamy! Shown below are just 3 from my huge stash.What to do with them has always haunted me..... never has that stopped me from buying them though! With this craft boutique that I signed up for (coming up in November) ever looming over my head, I thought I could use the fabric and make some fun things to sell. I made these flower pins. Easy-peasy... picture askew thanks to my computer gremlin~I like how they turned out, but I think I personally would like them better if they were solid burlap, muslin or just plain white fabric. I'm sure I'll play around with making these flowers at a later date~ With this most recent cold I had, I was always reaching for a tissue... that gave me another idea for using this lovely swatch fabric. Tissue covers of course!I made the pattern myself and just mass produced them rather quickly. I tied each one with a piece of lace (I've got an unlimited supply of lace) and added "God Bless You" on a cardstock tag.I added my contact information on the backside. I love these! I want to make a class set for my grandson's preschool class! I've also made a bunch of zipper pins.....
What else to make?.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment