Mixed Media Monday...

Tuesday, October 26, 2010
This mixed media challenge theme was: Shrine.
I used a small vintage plastic statue of the Virgin Mary which a very nice lady gave to me at an antique show she was selling at. She said she was waiting on a very special person to give it too... lucky me :-) I painted and covered the little statue with glitter and placed pink roses at her feet. Please note that there is NO sacrilegious offense implied here... Here is a close up of my little shrine ~I used a small scrolled wooden base that I distressed to have it fit in with all my other distressed stuff in my house. I added a glass dome to keep the dust off of it-- cause I am just to busy doing fun stuff to dust! I love how this turned out. My caute little shabby-chic shrine to the Virgin Mary~

0 comments:

Post a Comment