Baby-blankie Cherubs

Monday, November 8, 2010
It has been on my mind lately that I wanted...no, that I needed a banner/swag across my kitchen hutch. You know... in keeping with my "more is better" mantra. I was lucky enough to pick up these two baby cherubs for .50¢ each. These little plastic cuties were originally gold in color, a few squirts of some flat white spray paint and some stain to distress them fixed up that little problem in no time. I added some shabby chic fabric to update their little "blankies" and added some fluffy feathers to their wings and of course a top hat. I'm thinking 2011 is going to be all about top hats~ I was going to create a swag with some kinda thanksgiving sum'thin-sum'thin but I didn't think "you turkey" would fly with some folks-- some people have no sense of humor! So, I opted to use something I had purchased several years ago and had stashed away-- a glittered happy holidays banner. taaaaaaaaa daaaaaaaaaaa... finished in no time flat. While we are in the kitchen, I'll show you another baby-blankie cherub. This one sports a tutu and a strand of vintage pearls along with her pointy party hat. She hovers over the candy cabinet that holds all my grandkids chocolates and suckers~

0 comments:

Post a Comment