Mixed Media Monday

Sunday, November 14, 2010
The challenge theme for Mixed Media Monday is: boxes. I was lucky to find two vintage boxes of tinsel this past weekend at a church rummage sale for .25¢ each. I repurposed one for this challenge. I reinforced the entire box with a thin layer of cardboard as the original boxes were flimsy. I made the three printed ornaments on the box into 3 dimensional ornaments using the full depth of the box which is 3/4 of an inch. I used the vintage tinsel garland that was in the box along with other shiny silver glittered things. Of course, I had to toss in sweet Pete, I love that little fella~Here is what the box was leaning against. This used to be the base of a lamp. I bought it --shells included for only $5. I cut the cord, pulled out the metal rod and wires... painted and distressed the base of the lamp.... used some E600 glue and glued the base onto the glass bottom. Easy-peasy. The hardest part was finding the glass knob for the top. I found a curtain rod with a huge round crystal at the end at a yard sale for .25¢, I think it looks fabulous. I lurve it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment