Top Hat derby blog hop

Friday, December 3, 2010
I linked up to Lemoncholys top hat derby blog hop... of course, I am not one to read anything fully--- or retain anything for that matter. I didn't realize this was a "decorate" your top hat party-- I thought it was a "make a top hat party"..... I had my hubby bring me home a lot of cardboard boxes and I got busy whipping up hats!!! This hot pink top hat I made to fit my 18 month old grandaughter. She wore it as part of her costume for halloween. This is the "smile" you get whenever you tell her to "smile"...Then I whipped up five hats to sell at a craft boutique I was selling at.
Then I made some top hats for some blankie cherubs that I have on a large hutch~ Here is the other one~ Of course I had to make a top hat for this little doll that I picked up for a buck at a yard sale....I just finished this top hat yesterday.... so far its my favorite.
Here is a closer look. The feathered brooch is made using a necklace pendant that I cut the round loop off of-- it is actually upside down. I added the black iridescent feathers to the piece and a pin back and stuck it on the hat. The feathers have a green iridescence to them... at different angles they turn green! Lastly, a top hat I didn't make. I bought this heavy felt top hat for $2 at a thrift store. I added the green velvet ribbon and the beaded piece this morning. Nothing like the last minute! The old hat form I picked up for $5 at a thrift store!
Who knew cardboard boxes could look so cute huh? You can see other decorated top hats over at Kecia's blog Lemoncholys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment