Loot bag...

Friday, January 14, 2011
Now that the holiday season is over, its time for me to start thinking about the upcoming pirate party that I have for my grandkids birthday each year. Every year I make a different party bag that each child can fill with prizes and small gifts to take home. This year, I decided to make some draw string bags using some muslin fabric. Once I worked all the 'cipher-ing out I made one... liked it.... and made a bunch more~ I added a felt skull and cross bones to each bag for good measure. I'll add some definition to each skull and cross bones with a marker at a later date. These bags are not your typical draw string bags... they have a lining. Twice as strong to hold loads of treasures... arrrrrrrrrgh! I like to have the childrens names on their bags... but you never know who is going to be a no-show.... so I created some tags to write each childs name on to attach to their bag as they show up. I was lucky enough to pick up this huge amount of laminate samples from a local thrift store for $3. I used spray adhesive to adhere the maps to the front and back of each one.... cut each one out....and then I distressed the heck out of each one of them. The day of the party as each child arrives all we have to do is write their name on a tag and tie it to their party bag. The party is going to be in May.... you can never start to early making things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment