Tree house

Tuesday, January 4, 2011
I thought I would share some more photos of my little tree house that I'm making. Here it is with a layer of bark on the outside. I still haven't attached the hinges, I think that will be the very last thing I do--- if at all. It is still in the rough stages of being made. You can see the three floors I'm creating... the middle floor is a wooden floor made with long thin pieces of wood. The bottom floor I laid brick, I am undecided on what kind of floor to put on the top floor. The very top of the tree stump will hopefully resemble what a tree looks like when cut -with all the rings showing. Here you can see a close up of the brick I made using illustration board. I used real grout to grout the brick with.... I made curving stairs which I am having a love/hate relationship with. I think I'm just going to have to ditch them and just add some ladders made using sticks. The kitchen appliances I made myself using more illustration board and some paper clay. You can see on the oven door some paper clay I patched the door with.... The center piece is going to be a sink, its all a work in progress.
I've got a bazillion things that I am working on... all works in progress and yet, I pull out something else to start working on.... oh well... one of these days I'll have a bazillion things finished :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment