Yard Sailing~

Saturday, January 22, 2011
It was another gloomy-foggy morning, even that couldn't keep me from yard sailing! I got a huge stack of doll & embroidery patterns. The large envelopes have never cut apart doll patterns-- along with the patterns for the clothing for each doll as well. The little booklet is a catalog which she purchased the dolls from.... she has little check marks next to the ones she purchased, so I'll have a good color photo of each doll along with each pattern. The embroidery iron transfers are all unused as well.I picked up these baby blue strands of beads for $1, the bag of jewelry was $2.....
Lets open up the bag shall we?..... I try to always pick up jewelry when I go to yard sales. I've got two little pirates (grandkids) that have several pirate chests in amongst their toys that they can pull out all of this shiny stuff and play with. I'll pull out anything that has a sharp pin back, or anything of value that I'd like to keep for myself. I'm a pirate as well!
Well, lookie here.... whats this? Gold? Silver?... yep, both. There is a gold ring with a pinkish stone and 3 tiny diamonds on each side of the stone. A 14k gold "I ♥ You Mom" charm. The gold ring with the blue sapphire stones & diamonds is gold plated. The silver ring with the amethyst stone along with the amethyst earrings are both sterling silver.... not to shabby. I'm going to give these to my daughter-- as her daughter was born in February and that is her birthstone.
Here is a close up of my newest favorite ring... I'm wearing it as I type~
It has an old look and feel to it, I really like it :-) The yard sale I went to last Sunday that I hit the mother load on hasn't reopened yet..... I drive by her house often. Her husband waved at me... how embarrassing! You can't be discreet when you drive a '66 Mustang. *sigh* There goes any hope of being a detective huh? I'm hoping next weekend she will have gone through some more of her mothers estate and pulls it out to sell it, cause I'm wanting to buy it!! *woot-woot*
I've been working on my tags for my tag for tag swap. I've got everything cut and ready for assembly..... I'm using an image of my husbands great-great-great grandfather when he was a baby, I'm making him into cupid. Finishing these up will have to wait as I'm going on a 3 day trip to Carson City & Reno. Of course I'll be hitting all the thrift stores while there. I'm pretty sure that is where I'll "hit it big" rather than at the slot machines! Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment