New bedroom furniture....

Monday, March 7, 2011
I have been searching for some time now for a nice curvy dresser that had some character for my bedroom.... No easy feat I'll tell ya! I came across this solid oak distressed beaut on sale for $95 bucks at a thrift store.... I talked to the manager and got it for $75. I know right? who talks down prices at a thrift store? ME! So, that was last Saturday-- I'm digging it. Loving the curves, looking into what kinda white paint to buy to repaint it...... Fast forward to this Saturday when I came across an antique 4 piece bedroom set that made my heart go pitter-patter. The asking price was $250-- I purchased it for $200. *gasp* Look at the embellishments on the front of this piece of furniture. I'm talking solid wood, dove tailed drawers...heavy, well built furniture. This large dresser has a mirror that bolts to the top of the dresser. (not pictured)I love-love the color-- although its all soon to be painted white, of course. Here is #2 in the 4 piece set....this tall boy.... And lastly #3 &#4 in the set, two side tables: for the left side of the bed.... and for the right side of the bed...Along with all of that I also have a narrow shabby chic armoire that was once a pie safe. (blogged about here) All this furniture, along with the bed-- the room is pretty darn full!Here is a view into my room from the hall... Everything is going to be painted .....soon! I've linked up to Apron Thrift Girls "Thrift Share Monday" linky party along with Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday linky party~

0 comments:

Post a Comment