Thrifted Treasures

Sunday, March 13, 2011
As the weather starts to get nicer, yard sales are springing up all over town. A sure sign that spring is here. In the next few months there are going to be mile long block sales held every Saturday. One right after another, I love traditions! Here is what I managed to find this past weekend. I picked up two old milk glass lamps-- $1 each. Score~ Look at the bases on these, so darn cute! I am going to have the hub-ster rewire them for me. This fabulous sterling silver necklace with real blue topaz stones (new with tag) was only .50¢ Two vintage muffin tins full of jewelry, yards of old crocheted trim, rhinestone bracelets and 2 tiaras and a silver baby rattle-- all of this for only $5. Odds & ends of things-- $2. This glass pedestal bowl was $1.50, and the painted jewelry box was $1.50 as well.
I found this wooden box filled with 4 different games for only $1. Nice cubbies!
Besides hitting some yard sales and thrift stores, I've started painting on my vintage bedroom set I picked up last weekend. I haven't gotten to far with painting it just yet.... there is never enough time to do the fun things! Along with painting I've got a few "works in progress" going on: Easter ornaments for an ornament exchange..... Twenty-one Saint Patricks day hats for some crocheted leprechauns...I've also signed up for an Easter big-box swap--- ummm I think its an Easter swap. I guess I had better check on that :-) Busy, busy.... busy... and I've lost an hour! *gasp* I've linked up to Apron Thrift Girls "Thrift Share Monday" linky party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment