Paintin'

Monday, June 20, 2011
I am up to my elbows in paint as I paint my studio cabinets white. The first brush stroke was fabulous, as was the second, third and fourth. The fifth brush stroke-- is when I thought to myself "Why did I start this?" You know exactly what I'm talking about don't ya~ To keep my sanity, I just HAD to do something fun, so I painted a small standing cabinet that I bought at a yard sale years ago for only $10--- The picture makes it looks small... but it actually stands four feet high. To give it a little character, I dirtied up the edges with black and brown ink pads instead of sanding the edges. I used double sided sticky tape and adhered some pages from a Sears catalog to the backs of each cubbie. I think it turned out cute. It was a NICE release from some of the angst I was feeling while taking on the HUGE project of painting my wall-to-wall cabinets. Tomorrow I'm going to the hardware store to buy some trim to add to my cabinets a.k.a. bookcases... to make them appear to be a built in unit across the back wall of my studio.... a.k.a. my daughters old room. The only upside to this huge painting project is I get to set up little vignettes when the paints all dry on the shelves. Hooray for happy stuffed shelves full of stuff I love. Nuts, I guess I better get back to painting or its never going to get finished. Oh..... I thought I'd share this funny.... at the hardware store where I bought the paint, the clerk said, "Looks like you've got everything you need. you've got the paint, brushes and "him" to paint for you." Hysterical! I laughed as I corrected him that I was going to do the painting. Do men paint?
I've linked up to "Very Merry Vintage Style" share the love linky party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment